Interest and Aptitude Assessment
- Self-administered system that measures a customer’s aptitude and interest through reliable assessment tasks.
- The results are instrumental in helping an individual choose an appropriate and meaningful career or course of study.
Career/Job Exploration Tool
- An online tool that connects jobseekers, students to vital information on careers and training
Includes the following:
- Career and Job Exploration with wage and labor market information
- Interest Assessment
- Connects careers to training programs
Career Ready 101
(Curriculum for Work Place & Soft Skills)
Internet-based learning system includes courses in career awareness and exploration, career preparation. In addition, strengthens users in the areas of:
- Job Search & Resume Preparation skills
- Work Readiness & Career Success Skills
- Financial awareness
- Foundational work place skills that prepare users for the National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) through WorkKeys®
- Soft Skills that prepare users for the National Career Readiness Certification Plus (NCRC+).
PLATO Online – Academic Learning and Assessment Learning System
PLATO is a computer-based learning system for Kindergarten through adult learners, offering curricula in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and life and job skills. Also includes tutorials for ACT, COMPASS, SAT, HISET (GED) preparation and TABE preparation.
Free Online Massive Open Online Courses
Featured MOOC Links
- Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/#courses
- Alison: http://alison.com/
- Education Portal: http://education-portal.com/academy/course/index.html
- EdX: https://www.edx.org/
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MITOPENCOURSEWARE: http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
HARVARD EXTENSION SCHOOL
- Intensive Introduction to Computer Science http://www.extension.harvard.edu/open-learning-initiative/intensive-introduction-computer-science
ILLINOIS SCHOOL OF EARTH, SOCIETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Free Online Sustainability Course: http://www.earth.illinois.edu/class.html
(Employer Use Only)
Skills Testing Software
- Online Testing and Job Placement System used by Training Facilities and Employers available for the following areas: Microsoft Office, Word Perfect 8 and 9, Data Entry (Ten
- Key, Numerical and Alphanumeric), English Language & Reading Comprehension, General Clerical Grammar & Spelling, Internet Explorer, Typing & Audio Transcription, Business Letter Compose and Edit, Windows and Word Pro.
Innovative software with video and audio that assists customers in building quality resumes and cover letters.
InterviewStream provides pre-recorded and live video interviewing solutions. Simulated online interviews for job seekers to practice both verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the help of a webcam.
Online Computer Training
Comprehensive courseware covers instructions in Basic Computer, Microsoft Office and Apple products. The online system also includes interactive software simulations along with many other features such as:
Customer can self-register and work through the online lessons.
Automated remedial online training for computer software applications
Pre & Post Assessments
- Skills Assessment
- Online Tutorials
- Certificate of Completion
- Quick Reference Sheet for each training Component
Everyone On - http://www.everyoneon.org/
Helpful tutorials for jobseekers, internet usage and internet safety.
The Business Center portal http://www.careeronestop.org/businesscenter
Mobile Versions of E-Tools: Five of the most popular E-tools are now available for customers to access using any brand of smart phone or tablet. These include:
- Find an American Job Center (http://m.careeronestop.org/JobCenterSearch) allows users to quickly locate and contact their closest American Job Centers.
- Find a Job (http://m.careeronestop.org/JobSearch) lets users search job listings in any local U.S. area. Job listings are updated daily and can be searched by job type or keyword and city, state or ZIP code.
- Veterans Job Finder (http://www.careeronestop.org/toolkit/Jobs/Find-Veteran-Jobs.aspx) matches military job experience to civilian careers, and then displays local job listings for those careers. Users search by their military job title or their MOC/MOS code and can view job listings by city, state or ZIP code.
- Salary Finder (http://m.careeronestop.org/SalaryFinder) provides average hourly wages or annual salaries by occupation and location. The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Employment Statistics program.
- Worker ReEmployment (www.careeronestop.org/ReEmployment), providing employment, training, and financial assistance for laid-off workers
- Veterans ReEmployment (www.careeronestop.org/ReEmployment/veterans), providing employment, training, and financial help after military service.
- mySkills myFuture (www.myskillsmyfuture.org), helping laid-off workers and other career changers